Providing Ethical and Training Standards with peer review for professional dyadic breathwork around the world.
Integral to our purpose is to enhance collaborations among breathwork schools and practitioners. We have already seen an unprecedented collaboration of organizations and practitioners from the continuum of professional breathwork modalities: from simple stress reduction breath techniques, to yogic breathing, to neural and emotional regulation breath practices, to non ordinary states of consciousness. We invite you to be a part of it.
Since 2001 the GPBA (originally called the International Breathwork Training Alliance) has promoted training standards for the ethical practice of dyadic and group breathwork, and has been committed to supporting and promoting the integration of breathwork in the world as a vital, ethical, evidence based professional healing modality that facilitates physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual wellness. Our commitment is bearing fruit!
We welcome your interest and continued support. Make sure to join our mailing list to stay abreast of the unfolding developments as we implement our new vision! (contact email@example.com ).
May we create together a healthier world by promoting an awareness of healthy breathing and professional breathwork!
What is Breathwork?
Breathwork is the art and science of teaching breath awareness and breathing techniques for enhancing the human, physical, emotional, and spiritual condition.
Click for or a more complete exposition by Jim Morningstar of Contemporary Breathwork.
We invite you to watch the video invitation below from Jessica Dibb and Jim
Morningstar, GPBA Co-Directors.
What is GPBA?
The Global Professional Breathwork Alliance (GPBA) is a consortium of professional schools, trainers, and practitioners who support and promote the integration of breathwork in the world as an accessible and vital healing modality that facilitates physical, emotional, intellectual and spiritual wellness.
Our purpose is to:
- Envision and articulate the field of Breathwork, including the spectrum of breath modalities and practices, into the world so that human beings become more aware of the potential of doing conscious breathing practices to promote their physical, emotional, cognitive and spiritual well-being.
- Encourage, nourish and expand an educational network of schools, in order to facilitate the exchange of methodologies, ideas, discoveries, teachers and students, for their mutual enrichment.
- Give international endorsement to schools, trainers and practitioners who agree to maintain and uphold the ethical integrity of the practice of Breathwork in accordance with GPBA ethical standards, as well as uphold their own peer endorsed training standards.
- Formulate and maintain a body of principles, ethics, training standards, for the various forms of dyadic and group Breathwork that open non-ordinary states of consciousness. Offer GPBA certification to those practitioners, trainers and schools who utilize these principles and standards. We recognize that Breathwork is a continually evolving field in which new forms, new information, and new teaching
- methods will emerge, and are committed to evolving the principles and standards using rigorous evaluation.
- Support the Breathwork practitioner’s understanding and application of the principles, ethics and training standards of their respective schools, thus deepening the healing and transformative possibilities for clients who are engaging in Breathwork.
- Foster the profession of Breathwork as a healing modality to public, private, and government institutions, corporations and agencies.
- Initiate, solicit and sponsor research projects and professional forums that promote the knowledge and continuing development of Breathwork, providing validation for its methodologies and outcomes.
The Global Professional Breathwork Alliance is open to all Breathwork practitioners and schools agreeing to uphold the principles of ethics set forward by the Alliance. The three Membership Categories of participation for qualifying Breathwork schools, trainers and practitioners are outlined on the Membership page. The GPBA also partners with organizations that promote breathing and breathing techniques adhering to our ethical standards. Please visit our Membership page for more information.